We need your help!
The Curriculum Research & Development Group at the College of Education at UH-Mānoa is currently recruiting teachers to
- take part in a pilot study with a module prototype about online social networking and the importance of asking for parental permission,
- test the digital citizenship module prototype with students in grades 4 and 5, and
- give feedback and suggestions on the module prototype and future modules.
These modules were created to help teachers and parents introduce Internet safety and digital citizenship concepts in their classrooms and homes.
How much of your time is required?
For the pilot study, we will ask parents and educators to
- introduce Internet safety and digital citizenship concepts in their classrooms and homes,
- run through the first module prototype with your class, including a class discussion (approximately 30-45 minutes), and
- complete a survey (20-30 minutes) and interview (30 minutes).